Christmas entertainment is going strong this weekend.
• Makers Market and Light Art Experience at the Port Angeles Fine Arts Center open today to kick off Wintertide, a month of festivities and celebrations.
The Makers Market will be located in the Esther Webster Gallery and light art installations will be spread throughout the 5 acres of Webster’s Woods, both in the arts center at 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd.
The Makers Market will be open today through December 18 from 11 am to 5 pm Thursday through Sunday and extended hours until 8 pm every Friday.
The Light Art Experience runs from today through December 28 at Webster’s Woods.
The works of art will be illuminated every night from 4 pm to 8 pm
Makers Market will offer a range of locally made gifts by 37 Clallam County artists and crafters. Visitors will find fine art prints, home decor, jewelry, body care products, cookware, cards, stickers, and clothing.
It will offer “an alternative atmosphere to the shopping frenzy of Black Friday,” according to a press release.
Hot or alcoholic beverages and heated patio seating will be offered from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm tonight with live music by alternative folk singer-songwriter Elena Loper from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm The Roasters of artisan nuts D’s Nuts will be selling snacks on the patio from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
For more information about the Wintertide Festival of Lights and to purchase tickets, visit www.pafac.org/wintertidefestival.
• Winter Ice Town — The annual Port Angeles Winter Ice Village is open for its fifth season with daily ice skating through Jan. 2 at 121 W. Front St.
Office hours are Monday through Friday from 12:00 to 21:00 and Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 to 21:00.
Skating is available from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. over Thanksgiving weekend and from December 17 through closing day.
The rink, the only one on the Olympic Northern Peninsula, closes for 30 minutes at noon, 3pm and 6pm to resurface the ice.
Unlimited daily skating is $15 per day for ages 13 and older and $10 per day for ages 3-12. Children under 3 years of age are not allowed on the ice.
Family and military discounts are available, as well as a $150 season pass.
Skate rental is included in the price.
• Queens and Aces will perform at the Port Angeles Eagles, 2843 E. Myrtle St., from 7 pm to 10 pm on Saturday.
Cover charge is $10 per person, $8 for members.
• Joy in Mudville will be presented Saturday at 8 pm at New Moon Craft Tavern, 130 S. Lincoln St., Port Angeles.
There is no cover charge.
• Abby Mae and the Homeschooling Boys will perform Saturday at 7 pm at Roosevelt at the Wharf, 115 E. Railroad Ave, Port Angeles.
There will be no cover charge, although donations will be accepted.
• Port Townsend Urban Sketchers will draw at Point Hudson Marina at 10 am on Saturday.
The group will meet inside the Hudson Point Cafe, 130 Hudson St.
The marina is nearly empty due to jetty construction, but there are views of the water, iconic buildings, the beach, the bay, and the Sea Marine shipyard.
The group will meet again in the cafe at noon to share their work and take a photo.
The event is free and open to cartoonists of all levels.
For more information, visit urbansketchersporttownsend.wordpress.com.
• family movie night organized by the North Olympic Library System will screen the 2017 animated film “The LEGO Batman Movie” at 3 pm on Saturday.
The free film screening will be at the Forks Library Branch, 171 Forks Ave. S., Forks.
The Forks and Clallam Bay Branch Libraries will be screening the 2021 Disney film “Enchantment” in December.
For more information, call the library at 360-417-8500, email [email protected], or visit www.nols.org.