Much of Ukraine remained without heat or electricity after the most devastating Russian airstrikes on its power grid yet, and in Kyiv residents were warned to prepare for further attacks and stock up on water, food and warm clothing. . CONFLICT
* NATO’s Stoltenberg said there will be no lasting peace in Ukraine if Russia wins the war, adding that the Western military alliance will not back down from supporting Kyiv. * Russia’s latest bombing raid killed 11 people and shut down all of Ukraine’s nuclear plants for the first time in 40 years.
* Viewed from space, Ukraine has turned into a dark spot on the globe at night, NASA satellite images have shown. * The first winter of the war will now test whether Ukraine can continue its campaign to recapture territory, or whether Russia’s commanders can halt the Kyiv drive.
* More than 15,000 people have gone missing during the war in Ukraine, an official with the International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) said. * A recently liberated disabled mother in Kherson is searching for her son, kidnapped by Russian soldiers three months ago and never seen again. “Where is he now? I don’t know. I would go to the ends of the world to find out. He is my only son. He was always close. Now…” said one-legged Anna Voskoboinik in the wheelchair of she. , Tear.
* Putin will meet the mothers of soldiers fighting in Ukraine on Friday, the Kremlin said, as the conflict that has killed tens of thousands of soldiers enters its 10th month. ECONOMY/HELP
* British Foreign Secretary James Cleverly will pledge millions of pounds in additional support for Kyiv during a visit to Ukraine to ensure the country has the practical help it needs through the winter, his office said. * Ukraine’s Finance Minister Serhiy Marchenko said more Western support was needed to help it cover its rising reconstruction costs after the escalation of Russian missile attacks this week.
* Ukraine’s grain exports have gotten off to a slower start after a UN-brokered deal to help alleviate world hunger was extended last week, with a Ukrainian envoy partly blaming Russia’s reluctance to speed up exports. ship inspections. OIL
* Russia does not plan to supply oil and gas to countries that support a price cap for Russian oil, the Kremlin said, but it will make a final decision once it analyzes all the figures. QUOTE:
“There is no division, there is no schism among Europeans and we have to preserve this. This is our number one mission this year,” Zelenskiy said.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is automatically generated from a syndicated feed.)