A fire at a Harrison pool business is being investigated, with new information on evacuation timing

The Allegheny County Fire Marshal is continuing the investigation into the fire that destroyed Country Pools and Spas in Harrison Township on Tuesday. hours on the four-alarm fire. Action News 4 from Pittsburgh with a resident whose house directly faces the scene. the tank exploded. I felt that in my chest. I thought, I don’t know, maybe I shouldn’t be here, I’m thinking,” said Rudy Sader. The Harrison Hills Fire Chief told Pittsburgh’s Action News. On Wednesday, February 4, they were unable to get an immediate update on the amounts of chemicals stored inside the business during the store’s winter season. When asked about it, store owner John Placek said: “I don’t know if they knew there were chemicals in there, but common sense would dictate. It’s a pool store. You’re going to have chemicals. Every pool store he has them”. The fire marshal says that a couple of hours after the fire, he was part of a “joint command decision” by him, County Emergency Services and Hazmat to order an evacuation at that point. He says “safety data sheets” for burning c The chemicals suggested that their airborne dispersion might shift towards nighttime, and that contributed to the timing of the evacuation. Sader doesn’t think they should have evacuated the area sooner. I thought they did a great job. God bless the firefighters. I was lucky they were here or my house could be gone and the neighbors’ house too,” Sader said. “I was very impressed last night with the volunteer fire departments and police officers. Their dedication, on-time getting here, professionalism was just overwhelming to me,” said business owner Placek. “As for the surrounding community, I wish this hadn’t happened. I know it was a big inconvenience for the people who live around this store. My heart goes out to them, but there’s nothing I could have done about it.” Pittsburgh’s Action News 4 also spoke Wednesday to the passerby who alerted the only person inside the building that the structure was burning. “I saw smoke coming out of the roof. . My friend stopped. I ran in and told the guy that smoke was coming from the ceiling. I think he thought I was a customer because he said, ‘My computers don’t work. ‘ I said, ‘No, no, you’re on fire,'” Edward Raszkowski said.

The Allegheny County Fire Marshal is continuing the investigation into Tuesday’s fire that destroyed Country Pools and Spas in Harrison Township.

Concerns about chemical fumes like burning chlorine inside Country Pools and Spas didn’t prompt an evacuation of the surrounding area until a couple of hours after the four-alarm fire. Action News 4 from Pittsburgh with a resident whose house directly faces the scene.

“That’s kinda close. And I looked outside, I was furious. I’m outside with a hose, spraying my house and yard. Boom, a tank exploded. I felt that in my chest. I’m like, I don’t know, maybe I shouldn’t being here, I’m thinking,” said Rudy Sader.

The Harrison Hills fire chief told Pittsburgh’s Action News 4 on Wednesday that they were unable to get an immediate update on the amounts of chemicals stored inside the business during the store’s winter season.

When asked about it, store owner John Placek said: “I don’t know if they knew there were chemicals in there, but common sense would dictate. It’s a pool store. You’re going to have chemicals. All the pool stores have .”

The fire chief says that a couple of hours after the fire, it was part of a “joint command decision” by him, County Emergency Services and Hazmat to order an evacuation at that point.

He says “safety data sheets” for the burning chemicals suggested that their airborne dispersion could shift toward nighttime, and that contributed to the timing of the evacuation.

Sader doesn’t think they should have evacuated the area sooner.

“No. I think they did a great job. God bless the firefighters. I was lucky they were here or my house could be gone and the neighbors’ too,” Sader said.

“I was so impressed last night with the volunteer fire departments and the police officers. Their dedication, punctuality to get here, professionalism was just overwhelming to me,” said business owner Placek. “As for the surrounding community, I wish this hadn’t happened. I know it was a huge inconvenience for the people who live around this store. My heart goes out to them, but there’s nothing I could have done about it.”

Pittsburgh’s Action News 4 also spoke Wednesday to the passerby who alerted the only person inside the building that the structure was burning.

“I saw smoke coming from the ceiling. My friend stopped. I ran over and told the guy smoke was coming from the ceiling. I think he thought I was a customer because he said, ‘My computers aren’t working.'” I said, ‘No, no, you’re on fire,’ Edward Raszkowski said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *